Dual SIM support has been on smartphones since the middle of 2010. This allows people to use two SIM cards within their smartphone at once. The popularity of eSIMs seems to have not diminished support for this feature.
We asked you to vote if your smartphone has dual SIM support. Dual SIM support was defined as two physical SIMs, one physical SIM, and an eSIM or thttps://infogram.com/does-your-phone-support-dual-sims-1hxj48pz9p7x52vwo eSIMs. The results are in, and here’s how we answered the survey.
Does your phone support dual SIMs?
This poll gathered over 1,500 votes. It turns out that 55.3% have a phone that can support two SIM cards. This is a high percentage, but it makes sense considering that some flagship phones and mid-range smartphones offer dual SIMs.
31% of respondents said that they have a phone that supports both eSIM and physical SIM slots. 7.9% of respondents voted “no, it does not support dual SIMs”. The second and third places were “yes, two SIMs” (2.7%) and “I don’t know” (2.3%).
This means that almost 90% (89.5%) of respondents said they have dual SIM support. These readers can use the second SIM/eSIM to travel, keep work and personal numbers together, and much more.
- ptsenter I have three phones, two with eSIM and one that is dual-physical – they can be used for travel.
The USA version of Galaxy S22 Ultra is quite useless as it doesn’t allow you to use one SIM for voice, messages, and one for data. It limits all three functions to one SIM. The Pixel 6a works well. Only problem is that the data eSIMs I purchase through Airalo and MobiMatter are limited in time: 7 or 30 day. My travels were limited to 3GB per week. This means that I lose 40% of the data I pay for. The most versatile physical data SIM that I purchased from Vodafone in Italy is the one I bought. It doesn’t have a time limit, and it can be used in the UK or France.
- Black Spectrum – My phone supports dual sim (physical and MicroSD cards).
- Enigma – Yes, but I don’t have enough space for my microSD card when the second Sim is in. This is very important to me. Recommend strongly that microSD card space be created either together ….
- Igor Costa : My country has had no single SIM phone for many years.
- Dogeanimupower – Two sims, one physical and one eSim. But no sd card. Samsung, get on it. Samsung, I’d give up the esim and one physical in a flash to get my stupid sd cards back
- Dai Jiawen: Using Xiaomi dual sim phones since 10 years.